Hackberry portal Forum HACKberry Q&A Collaboration

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hiroshi Yamaura 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Alena Arkhipova
    Participant

Hello!

My name is Alyona and I am texting you from the Republic of Sakha Yakutia, North-East part of Russia 🙂

My team has recently come up with this amazing social project of yours and we have decided to try it out with local people requiring this solution.

At the moment, we have used the open source code that your company has kindly provided and printed the prototype of the hand (attaching the photos). We are making this model for a specific girl who has lost her arm in an accident.

We think this project gives a great opportunity for disabled people living in Russian Federation. The problem is that there is no explanation in Russian, and people find it hard to apply this solution.

Also, it appears to be hard to find the components for the artificial arm. For the first testing arm, we are looking for the local components that can be perfectly replaced without harming the final version of the arm.

With your permission, we would like to start the discussion with you on how this project could be presented to Russian people and become more accessible.

Best regards,
    Alyona

Attachments:

T N
    Participant

Hello Alyona!

My name is Tim, I am from the United States. I am also in the process of creating Exiii’s Hackberry hand with the goal of thoroughly documenting each step from the total cost of materials to language translation to stress calculations in the hand itself. I am looking to create a central platform on which users around that world can more easily access and build off of Exiii’s excellent creation. This of course involves the accurate translation of every phase of the project into many other languages. You mentioned that you found it difficult to find equivalent components for the hand in your region. This seems to be a common issue for many other creators elsewhere in the world as well. How did you find those parts to assemble your current hand? The electrical schematic in the first picture, did you base that off of Exiii’s provided information?

Alena Arkhipova
    Participant

Hello Tim!

Thank you for sharing your plans and interest.
    We are still looking for the parts at the moment, in the process of experimenting.
    Everything that you see in the attached photos was made based on the Exiii’s open source information 🙂

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Hi Alyona,
    Have you already checked BOM?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116ThoPHAKhcy_gyfd6WqXMeeBQ91X1kE8dL2MeQv8go/edit?usp=sharing

This file can be used for finding substitutions in other contries.
    You can also check the discussion from the link below.

buy Hardware

Alena Arkhipova
    Participant

Hello Hiroshi!

Thank you very much for your reply! We will definitely check the BOM for the details we need.

There is one big issue we are facing right now which is adjusting the 3D arm code to the size of the specific girl. We have downloaded the files from the website and tried adjusting it, however, failed in doing so. We asked an expert to have a look at the format, and she said it cannot be edited and requires the original code.

Is it possible to get the editing original code of the arm, so our 3D modeler could do some changes and print it out for the particular use case?

I will be looking forward to your reply!
    Best regards,
    Alyona

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

We asked an expert to have a look at the format, and she said it cannot be edited and requires the original code.

Maybe you used STL file. You can find other formats(such as STEP file) from the link.
    https://github.com/mission-arm/HACKberry/tree/master/HACKberry_3Dmodel

However, changing the hand size is not so easy.
    You will also should change PCB size and motor size.

Therefore, I recommend to change only socket size for now.
    You can find the discussion here.

Socket Fit

T N
    Participant

Hi Hiroshi!

I am having issues downloading the STEP files for the hand. I am able to download the parts in STL format but when I try to do the same with STEP it only displays raw data. What could be the reason for this?

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Try to right click the “download” button and select “save the link as…”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.