Hackberry portal Forum HACKberry Q&A Hand not working.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yuki Ogasawara 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rick *
    Participant

Hi Everybody, i’m making a left hand and finished all the electronics and installed them into the hand.
    When i turn on the hand the fingers immediatley flex. ( the fingers more than the Index). And the hand doesnt respond to the wristband and the buttons. All components on the PCB i tested and worked with the multimeter.

However in the testing i made a mistake and forgot to decrease the voltage from 7.2 to 5 volts. Could that cause the problem? That i overloaded the circuit or something simular? The servo’s do respond when i turn the hackberry on. But only stay in a flexed position and they make a rattle noise.

Regards Rick

Yuki Ogasawara
    Keymaster

Hi Rick.

Thank you for building HACKberry.

As you said, high voltage cause to damage servo motor. Just in short time, damage is not so serious. But if the time you turning on the HACKberry in high voltage is long, it might broke the servo. To check if servo is broken or not, use servo checker or something.

I’m wondering if you installed program for left. Did you? Please check it out.

Regards.

Rick *
    Participant

Hi yuki,

Thanks for responding so quikly. I noticed that in github data has been changed 6 days ago. And i downloaded the program. but that is i assume the program of the right hand? since previously there was also a left hand.ino file. does anyone has the left hand arduino code?

Rick *
    Participant

Hey Yuki,

It was indeed the wrong arduino code! Thanks alot.

Yuki Ogasawara
    Keymaster

Hi Rick

Good to hear that!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.