Hackberry portal Forum HACKberry Q&A HBsocketU02 and HBsocketU03

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EW CHEE GUAN 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

EW CHEE GUAN
    Participant

Hi,

I’m printing the complete left hand now, I found that the BOM shows both HBsocketU02 and HBsocketU03, I opened both and compare, seems not really need both, may I know what is the different between the two please?

Regards,
    Ew

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

HbSocketU02 looks nice but has not sufficient space for stump.

View post on imgur.com

On the other hand, HbSocketU03 looks unbalance but has better fitting.

View post on imgur.com

If you want to use it for actual user, I recommend you to use HbSocketU03.
    (However, HbSocketU3’s battery board and battery contact pin are not the latest one which is listed on BOM.
    Please ignore BOM and check 3D data to purchase the parts. Sorry for inconvenience).

EW CHEE GUAN
    Participant

Thank you for your explanation, I will re-print the HbsocketU03. Thank you .

EW CHEE GUAN
    Participant

Hi again,

Since the HbsocketU03 battery case are different, Is it using the same battery board pcb? the battery pin not the same? what is the model of the pin for HbsocketU03 ? I just purchased online 10pcs of 101050-003 pin 🙁

EW CHEE GUAN
    Participant

After I checked carefully the HbsocketU03 design, I found that it can’t be mirror for left hand because of the battery case is not symmetrical. Please share left hand file if you have one, I’m building couple of this hands for my E-Nable recipients. Please also provide me with the battery pin model for HbsocketU03 battery case. as for the battery board, I can make it easily. Thank you!

Regards,
    Ew

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

At first, we used VN-3-1 as battery pin but we found that this pin has rare cases of malfunction.
    Therefore, we decided to replace it to 101050-003.

HbsocketU02’s 3D data was already updated so that 101050-003 can be used.
    However, HbsocketU03’s 3D data was not done yet.

Is it possible for you to update HbsocketU03’s 3D data by referring to HbsocketU02’s 3D data?

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

EW CHEE GUAN
    Participant

Hi ,

Unfortunately , I’m not familiar with editing 3D models, I’m good in electronics, and also experienced in 3D printing, but weak in 3D drawings, I’m learning Sketcup which is more easy to learn, but very limited in its functions.
    I imported the STL into ketchup this morning , the HBsocketU03 turn out a lot of polygon lines , and I try to edit line by line, try to cut out the battery case mount from HBsocketU02 and paste it in HBsocketU03. After a few hours of works, the completed STL shows out of its measurements. It can’t be used.

I have to wait for your Github update for the HBsocketU03 for left and also right hands. ( I’m building both left and right hand and donate to a poor recipient who lost both of his hand and both legs in an accident )

Thank you

Regards,
    Ew

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Hi Ew,
    OK, I will update HBsocketU03. Please print and assemble other parts first.

EW CHEE GUAN
    Participant

Thank you! Take your time, I’m waiting for the servo to arrive, and I’m fabricating my PCB now.

Regards,
    Ew

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.