Hackberry portal Forum HACKberry Q&A Printer settings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hiroshi Yamaura 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Justin Brawley
    Participant

Hello,

Could some people provide their printer settings for PLA and ABS please it would very much be appreciated. I have a lulzbot taz 5 usimg cura plus 3 printers I built myself. I have already printed one hand but I feel like it could be better.

Thanks in advance

Justin,

I just used the same settings I sent you before.
    You mentioned having trouble with the support materials on the palm base.
    You can change the setting for support so that it won’t be too close to the part and can be removed easily.
    Although sometimes it’s necessary to have the support materials close to the parts.

You might want to try a different printing orientation instead. (see picture below).
    It’s better not to have the support material on the palm side. It takes longer and use more support materials but it saves a lot of time from sanding. I’m not a fan of plastic waste but for me it’s well worth it to print something that would receive more appreciation.

To prevent delamination:
    For ABS, I used higher temperature for palm base, hot end/bed: 245/98.
    An enclosure for ABS help preventing draft. A simple one made from cardboard foam boards and duct tape works well.
    Just leave the power supply outside the enclosure.
    240/95 for other parts.

Low printing speed gives smooth surface finish.

In case anyone else is interested, you can find my settings for Taz5 and Cura17.10 here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/99pvth4kynffxdk/Tima%20Settings%20for%20Taz5.ini?dl=0
    You can view it with free download Cura or open it as a text file. The settings should work with other printers as well.
    Some tweaking might be needed.
    For layer height, I used 0.2 mm in general. Smaller layer height (1.4-1.8) for better details or for smaller parts if needed.
    Smaller nozzle size also helps with finer details but takes longer.
    If you still have problems, try filament from different manufacturers.

Palm base printing orientation

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

This is my general printer setting for UP! plus2.

View post on imgur.com

However the software is not common for other 3D printers.
    Tima’s advices are more concrete and practical.
    Please check her advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.