Hackberry portal Forum HACKberry Q&A Starting new project in Italy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marco Calabrese 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Marco Calabrese
    Participant

Hi everyBody! I’m Marco, an Italian occupational therapist, and i’m really interested in your Project! I think it can be a precious resource for people that are not able to buy an expensive prothesis, and also I like the idea that it can be more than only a “hand”!

I’m speaking for a group of people (Therapist and patients) that is dreaming to bring it also here in Italy… can some of you give me some advise? E.g. how to start, what is important at the beginning, what is strictly necessary, and so on…

I hope I can refer to the exiii project as “our” project, and to bring it to italian people soon!!

Thank you for sharing it and for your help!!
    Marco

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Hi Marco,
    Sorry for late my reply.
    Thank you for your interest in our project.
    I think our cooperation with prosthetists and therapists is indispensable for this project.
    You’re more than welcome!

I recommend you to create original HACKberry first.
    You should find collaborator who can use 3D printer and Arduino.
    Or you can try them by yourself.
    These technologies become common and they’re not so difficult.
    You can find so many tutorials regarding them on the internet.

Marco Calabrese
    Participant

Thanks Hiroshi for your welcome!

As Nico Huchet has done in Berlin, I’ll start soon a collaboration with the Fablab of my city to create the first attempt. I think it can be really instructive!
    Moreover I’ll try to make a report of our work, focusing on the patient point of view.

All the best,
    Marco

Marco Calabrese
    Participant

Dear Hiroshi and Exiii team,
    In order to realize the first Hackberry we create a collaboration with the Fablab of our city! Now we have in mind to start with a crowdfounding campaign in order to found some money for the printed part and for the hardware.
    I’m writing to ask you if we can use your name (Exiii), referring about your project and use some of your material to explain what Hackberry is.
    The materials are:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

And the video:

We are just looking for the money to be able to start the first print.

We hope you can kindly let us do it,
    Otherwise we’ll be your estimator as well.. 🙂

Best wishes,
    M. Calabrese

Marco Calabrese
    Participant

Ps. The platform we ara thinking to use is http://www.produzionidalbasso.it
    M.C.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.