Hackberry portal Forum HACKberry Q&A TPR-105 IR Sensor in the US

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hiroshi Yamaura 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gregory Cook
    Participant

Hi All,
    We, at the Pikes Peak MakerSpace in Colorado Springs, are going to purchase the TPR-105 for the Hackberry’s we are making. Minimum purchase is 3000 units, obviously more than we can use. If you are interested in buying some of our surplus, please send an e-mail to PikesPeakMakerSpace@gmail.com stating your interest. You can track our hand project at #3ddelaney and at http://www.pikespeakmakerspace.org. Note: we are a volunteer organization, so please be gentle…

Thanks,

Greg (Cook)

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Hi Gregory,
    I’m sorry for late reply.
    I saw Satima Anankitpaiboon’s post and really excited about your plan.
    We are rooting for the Pikes Peak MakerSpace.
    If there is any way I can help, please let me know.

Hello,

I’m interested in acquiring one of these sensors. I’m also in Colorado and hoping to build a hackberry.

To Gregory, were you able to acquire the IR sensors? If so, could I purchase a few?

To Hiroshi, if Gregory isn’t able to supply me with a sensor do you have any alternative components you can recommend?

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

As for sensor, please check this post.
    http://exiii-hackberry.com/forums/topic/sensor-board/

You can probably use following sensers instead of TPR-105 but I haven’t tested yet.
    -QRD1114
    -CNY70
    -SG105

Simon, to answer on the behalf of Gregory, we were supposed to get 3,000 TPR-105 from the manufacturer in Taiwan but they got affected by the Typhoon in August and looks like they got hit again about a week ago. We really don’t know at this point if we’re going to get the sensors anytime soon. We use QRD1114 for our first HACKberry hand and it works so far. It acts up once in a while but we haven’t figured out what actually caused it yet. We modified the sensor holder so we don’t have to use a thicker cushion (QRD1114 is 3.2 mm thicker). You can get it from sparkfun. Since you’re in Boulder, you can just walk in and pick it up so you don’t have to pay the shipping.

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Oh, did QRD1114 work? It’s a good information.
    I will add that information to [ http://exiii-hackberry.com/forums/topic/sensor-board/ ]
    Thank you tima.

Ashok Mathur
    Participant

1) I understand that initially hackberry started with two sensors i.e. GL55 photo resistor and infrared sensor pj835.
    Then it has switched to a single sensor TPR 105 or its equivalent.
    Can you explain in few words why this change was made?

2) When the one second calibration is performed, what values are stored in the memory?

3) Would adding a pre-amplifer to the output of TPR 105 before Arduino processes it, help?
    We are building a hackberry hand.
    Thanks
    Ashok

Hiroshi Yamaura
    Keymaster

Hi Ashok,

1) I understand that initially hackberry started with two sensors i.e. GL55 photo resistor and infrared sensor pj835.
    Then it has switched to a single sensor TPR 105 or its equivalent.
    Can you explain in few words why this change was made?

Why do you think so? HACKberry started with TPR105 and has switched to QRE1113.
    They has almost the same features.
    Please check this topic.
    http://exiii-hackberry.com/forums/topic/sensor-board/

2) When the one second calibration is performed, what values are stored in the memory?

During calibration, maximum and minimum values of the distance from sensor to skin surface are memorized.
    This video shows how we calibrate the sensor values.

3) Would adding a pre-amplifer to the output of TPR 105 before Arduino processes it, help?

The sensor consists of QRE1113/TPR 105 and two registers. You can amplify the output by adjusting the resister(R2 in the picture below).
    Therefore, I think adding a pre-amplifer is unnecessary.

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.